Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Heave 'er up my bully bully boys

This is something I did a while ago for a magazine, thought I'd put it up here.
One of my many obsessions is the sea shanty, and culture and mythology of the sea. I love pirates, sea monsters, weird sea creatures and Sea Shanties. These are themes that seem to pop up again and again in my work. The sea is still a mysterious and haunting place, and there is so much to explore and speculate over.
Here is a character who comes from my fascination with these things, you'll probably see more of him as I've been sketching him quite a bit, but here he is in his first incarnation.

Rossco

2 comments:

Juliette Poulter said...

Love this drawing, Ross. Looks uncannily like Sammy Horner ... are they related??

Jessica said...

awesome work!! Thanks fo rall your nice comments!!!